Teme Valley Geological Society
What is TVGS about ? - click here
- Based in the Worcestershire village of Martley in the UK.
- As a GeoVillage it is one of several villages across Europe which have outstanding geology.
- Hold regular talks delivered by leading geologists.
- Organise field trips from summer evening rambles to foreign field trips.
- Research, conserve and promote local geology sites.
- Engage in projects to carry out research on local geology and landforms.
- Run courses in rocks, minerals, fossils and all things rock related.
Mon 27 February 2023 7.30pm
Tim Atkinson University College London
Sand Grains on Spreed – radioctive particles off the north coast of Scotland
PDF of talk on Old Red Sandstone – Nov 28th 2022
New Peak District Geo Walk. Book available as 14 PDF’s, one for each section of this circular long distance walk.
Two new distance learning courses from Nick Chidlaw.
Places still available on Atlantic Opening course
A GEOLOGICAL TRANSECT ACROSS SOUTH SHROPSHIRE
THE OPENING OF THE NORTH ATLANTIC OCEAN
- How does coal form?
- 10 Books about Rocks, Minerals, Gems, and Crystals
- Are all rocks on Earth the same age?
- The Contribution of Living Organisms to Rock Weathering
- Important new article on British glaciation
- Glaciers have existed on Earth for at least 60 million years—far longer than previously thought
- The Tamins rock avalanche (eastern Switzerland): timing and emplacement processes
- Earth’s North Magnetic Pole Is Heading Towards Siberia – And Now We Know Why
- A new ocean is forming in Africa & may cause continental split
- A Tool for Comparing the Size of Volcanic Eruptions
- What are mud volcanoes?
- Stromboli’s ‘rejuvenation’ heralds era of more variable volcanic eruptions
- This drone sniffs volcanic gas to predict eruptions
- Satellites observe highest volcano plume ever
- Tonga volcano eruption continues to astonish
- Earth’s Missing Continent That Took 375 Years to Find
- Lava Boat Spotted In Hawaii’s Mauna Loa Eruption
- Native Hawaiians believe volcanoes are alive and should be treated like people, with distinct rights and responsibilities