Teme Valley Geological Society
What is TVGS about ? - click here
- Based in the Worcestershire village of Martley in the UK.
- As a GeoVillage it is one of several villages across Europe which have outstanding geology.
- Hold regular talks delivered by leading geologists.
- Organise field trips from summer evening rambles to foreign field trips.
- Research, conserve and promote local geology sites.
- Engage in projects to carry out research on local geology and landforms.
- Run courses in rocks, minerals, fossils and all things rock related.
Mon 23 January 2023 7.30pm
David M Hill SulGeology Ltd
The Geology of Yemen: An overview
The full presentation wil be available for viewing soon!
From Graeme, download. an article on the huge dragon flies that existed in the Carboniferous.
A Storyville documentary in which film-maker Werner Herzog pays homage to French volcanologists Katia and Maurice Krafft, who were killed in a pyroclastic flow in Japan in 1991.
Planet in Distress
- A simple two-state model interprets temporal modulations in eruptive activity and enhances multivolcano hazard quantification
- Tonga eruption’s towering plume was the tallest in recorded history
- Volcanic trigger of ocean deoxygenation during Cordilleran ice sheet retreat
- Violent supershear earthquakes are more common than previously thought
- Two Scottish sites on world geology list
- Involcan calculates there is 400 cubic kilometres of magma under La Palma
- 500 Million Year-Old Fossils Solve a Centuries-Old Riddle in the Evolution of Life on Earth